problems with single flush button toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single flush button toilet and the flush had become very weak ( ie only a small amount of water comes out ). I wanted to have look in the system but the top is tightly secured and wont move. I have seen how you get the dual buttons off - but this is a single button which I am struggling to remove ( have tried to screw to no avail ). Please could anybody tell me how I can get the lid off and then what the problem may be ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any chance there is a screw under the button? Maybe a bit if Blu-tac or tape stuck to the button and pull to see if it lifts out.

Thanks -There is an ring surrounding the button which I can't get off and don't really want to try and force it.

Sponsored Links
The ring doesn't come up, use a small screwdriver between the button and the outer ring to prize the button up. Under this you will find a screw.

Post pictures.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back