Procombi Exclusive 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any views/experience of the above boiler?
Been told this is a decent mid range model to replace an existing, (faulty), Jaguar 24Kw.

Any comments/recommendations appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I dont know anything about that boiler and it sounds like a very cheap one! I would have thought after having one cheap boiler you would have gone for something better like a Vaillant or an Intergas.

However, the Jaguar boiler is totally repairable if an engineer is willing to! But many dont have much skill at repairing and all will prefer the bigger job of fitting a new boiler.

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony. Boiler selected by fitter, (who is gas safe registered), on his recommendation that though it is a 'newish' model by IDEAL it has been reliable enough for the local Mutual Housing Trust to be installing it in all their properties.
The old Jaguar had blown the PRV and there was a problem with the expansion tank. Also the diverter had begun to leak again. To top it all the gas supply pipe feeding the boiler, 1 open flame fire and a 4 burner hob and double oven was in 15mm but booklet says it should have been 22mm from the meter.
New boiler is in, running very quietly and warms up the rads a hell of a lot faster than the jaguar. Cost £1400 for new boiler, new gas supply, (approx 15-18mtrs @22mm), complete power flush using X800 Sentinel, (Shut down all rads except one, flush through until clear water flowing, shut that one down and repeat on all others followed by topping up whole system, flush it through and then add inhibitor, X100 Sentinel, and top up system). New double rad for conservatory and approx 2x7mtrs @ 15mm pipework, TRV and lockshield valve. Gas pressure was 20mb and pressure drop was 0.04mb
Does that all sound ok to you?

ive had a new central heating system fitted a month or so ago, i have a procombi exclusive 24, only problems ive had with it, was the people fitting it, i was told by the gas fitter it was a good boiler with 2 years parts an labour warrenty, and loads are getting fitted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks D4N1EL, as stated we got the 30 so will let you know some time in the future how its going. Yes, two years free parts and labour by IDEAL when you register it with them.

That sounds a reasonable price.

But few here would recomment any cheap Ideal boiler.

Hpusing Associations are renown for choosing cheap boilers and the makers offer extra warrantee options so they feel they are getting a good deal.

However tell us about this "power flushing" ? What make of pump did he use? Or what did it look like?

Tony

Not sure of the make of the pump, (did see a worn label saying something about the only powerflush pump you will ever need, or something along those lines). It was quite a large, cone shaped thing with a small, (.55kw ?), motor fitted on top and about 4 or 5 valves around the upper part of the container. There was a yellow pipe about 1"-! 1/2" diameter being fed from the boiler mains input supply pipe to the container. From the container there were then two pipes connected to the flow and return pipes of the heating system and then there was a further pipe from the container which was a drain off pipe into the toilet bowl. When it was time to drain I would stand by the pipe until clear water was flowing and this would be allowed to flow for about 5 minutes before the next rad was done. Must admit I was shocked at the colour of the drain water!

That all sounds like a proper job and congratulations on recalling it so well!

Now you will know just how much dirt can come out of a system!

The better boilers can give a five year warrantee!

I hope your Ideal is OK. Most problems come from fitting to a dirty system anyway so properly cleaning it will have removed that from the equation.

Tony Glazier

Thanks Tony. Must admit I was trying to be helpful, (lifting boards/carpets etc before they arrived), but also I like to see how these jobs are carried out. Not so I can do it myself next time I must point out! Just enjoy watching different trades being carried out.
Hopefully it will give us years of trouble free usage but if it does develop a fault I'll certainly let you know for future reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back