Professional or not ?

Sponsored Links
Here's how I did mine. Over 20 years ago, I think it came with a curtain wire strap, but I thought that would dig into the insulation so used a metal band from a package. As somebody said, if you haven't got a special strap it's easy to use a length of curtain wire and hooks.

Attachments

• Cylinder stat.jpg
    Cylinder stat.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 36
To my mind it's not the shoddy way the thermostat is held on. But the question is what else. If can't get simple visible things right, then what about the heat transfer paste and connection of earth wire? If required.

My tank is lacking a thermostat, it is on my to do list.

Sponsored Links
Here's how I did mine. Over 20 years ago, I think it came with a curtain wire strap, but I thought that would dig into the insulation so used a metal band from a package. As somebody said, if you haven't got a special strap it's easy to use a length of curtain wire and hooks.
45° ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back