Professional Re-Wire... How much mess?

Sponsored Links
Why so?

There is an ex-police house at the end of our street, specially built as a police house. A semi, the same design as my own, except it included a (tiny) garage, brick built at the same time
When I was working for the leccy board we spent many happy hours rewiring council houses, when the work was being dished out our gaffer was always asked if there were any policeman houses on the list
Bungalloallo , letsbyavenue

vCouple of weeks plus a couple of days for a decorator to patch things up.
Repaired walls will never be the same colour, as long as they don't mind, otherwise it will take a full week to redecorate the lot.

As a decorator, I would be disappointed if my chase filling was visible (under regular light conditions). But yeah, some emulsions are less forgiving than others and if you touch in, you may see a halo effect.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure he'll be telling them he's a retired plasterer, he also was the boss over a number of plasterers. So they'll either do a brilliant job or will just leave!

As a decorator, I would be disappointed if my chase filling was visible (under regular light conditions). But yeah, some emulsions are less forgiving than others and if you touch in, you may see a halo effect.
I meant the colour.
You can never match what has been on the wall for a few years.
Or can you?

Bungalloallo , letsbyavenue
One of our police stations was re-sited nearby. The road it was on was called Letsby Avenue until recently.

I believe there's also one in Sheff that is also on Letsby Avenue.

I meant the colour.
You can never match what has been on the wall for a few years.
Or can you?

You are correct. Even if it is the original tin of emulsion, it will probably look slightly different. Some brands are more forgiving than others though.

I remember hearing that some of their paint was two or more tins from the shed that he mixed up together. So it won't be on any colour chart anywhere, and the leftovers probably got mixed into the paint for the next room.

I reckon their house must be an inch smaller due to the coats of paint it's had over the years, they treat painting as one small step beyond cleaning. I reckon we'll just leave it as bare plaster until the next repaint is due. At least then you know it was definitely dry when it was painted.

Thankfully they don't have much wallpaper. Mostly one feature wall per room. But this gets changed every time it gets repainted anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back