PROFESSIONALS: which brand of boiler do you have in your home?

Which combi boiler brand do you have in YOUR home?

• Total voters
Intergas if there is decent support in your area, Worcester Bosch very poor regardless of what Which says, Vaillant used to be good, just plastic over priced crap now , what you have to understand , if you are installing lots of boilers you get a good kick back from fitting certain brands, doesnt make them good boilers

Sponsored Links
Hey Bodd, would you agree that the top boilers are 1. Intergas 2. Worcestor Bosch and 3. Valiant and would you agree that this would hold true if the question was "Top combi boilers"?
I fit Ideal.... I'm looking at why Intergas seem so popular. I have a Viessmann.... I think Viessmann are the best. I believe they are the biggest.

I fit Ideal.... I'm looking at why Intergas seem so popular. I have a Viessmann.... I think Viessmann are the best. I believe they are the biggest.
Everyones opinions are different, I wouldnt fit a Viessmann in my own or anyone elses house for that matter, absolute junk

Intergas if there is decent support in your area, Worcester Bosch very poor regardless of what Which says, Vaillant used to be good, just plastic over priced crap now , what you have to understand , if you are installing lots of boilers you get a good kick back from fitting certain brands, doesnt make them good boilers
I've heard similar mentioned about Worcester Bosch - they spend quite a bit on advertising apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I've heard similar mentioned about Worcester Bosch - they spend quite a bit on advertising apparently and combined with kick back to the installers that could explain why it's popular
yes WB have a fantastic after sales service, possibly the best in the country, but not great boilers, I dont think you can go with one brand for everyones needs everyone is different and want different things from their heating

What's happened to Baxi as weren't they kings at one point in terms of quality -

What's happened to Baxi as weren't they kings at one point in terms of quality -
When Baxi of old made simple cast iron heat exchanger boilers, they were extremely simple and reliable, but since combis and condensing boiler have come about, Baxi have stumbled from one disaster to another

When Baxi of old made simple cast iron heat exchanger boilers, they were extremely simple and reliable, but since combis and condensing boiler have come about, Baxi have stumbled from one disaster to another
I've got a Baxi 105e that I think is between 10 and 15 years old - Here's what someone who I presume is a plumber said about Potterton and Baxi:

"The Intergas 36/30 is well thought of. They only have 4 moving parts. Potterton and Baxi do not have a good reputation. Avoid Ideal like the plague"
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...ow-worm-swiftflow-poorly.421307/#post-3272339

The Baxi 105E and 80E are actually Alpha boilers, baxi bought the factory and production line from Alpha and rebadged them , really good boilers

I had a look back at some past "Combi boiler" which are best type threads and there is a lot of love for Intergas
The Baxi 105E and 80E are actually Alpha boilers, baxi bought the factory and production line from Alpha and rebadged them , really good boilers
Does Baxi still make this line of original Alpha boilers?

I had a look back at some past "Combi boiler" which are best type threads and there is a lot of love for Intergas
Yes but as I said all depends on back up, do they have suppliers in your area, do they have direct labour in your area, all good having a 10 year warranty if they cant get to you, exactly the same with any manu

Yes but as I said all depends on back up, do they have suppliers in your area, do they have direct labour in your area, all good having a 10 year warranty if they cant get to you, exactly the same with any manu
There's more to the overall service than the quality of the boiler - such as the cost of replacement parts

Yes, there's more to the overall service than the quality of the boiler - also cost of replacement parts as well is part of the overall picture as well
Nearly all manus these days are pffering crazy warranty periods, on the condition that the boiler is serviced every year, fair enough I agree with that, but not all but many manus doing anything they can to dodge warranty repairs , some even charging credit cards before agreeing to turn out, as an installer I want a manu that I have a good relationship with and if I need a warranty call it gets done , communicating with me and not putting the customer in the middle

I am a retired professional in electronic system design, hence I have an opinion on the control systems that ( mis ) manage the operation of domestic heating systems

I voted to see the results.

My heat only boiler is a Johnson and Starley Reno 16
As far as I understand it ex pro's are allowed access to the combustion chamber at the admins discretion - you could probably qualify

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back