Which brand toilet should I go for?

Which one is better?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m renovating my new bathroom and wondering which brand should I go for?
In your experience which flush technology is better? Do they splash when flush? Quiet? Easy to broke / leaking? / Ceramic quality What’s your opinion?

I don’t like that some toilet require multiple flush, or even will block when too much toilet paper etc

I’ve narrowed down to 2 brands, please vote in the poll

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I prefer the grohe quality and my wife says that their ceramic is smoother and easier to clean.
The problem with having to flush twice is common to all toilets because the "green" brigade banned the 9 litre cisterns for the 6 litre.
So now instead of flushing 9 litres at once, you flush 6 litres twice (or 3 times) and their 3 neurons think that we're saving water.

In fact, I've just seen that they still sell 9 litre cisterns.
Maybe the old ones were even bigger, but I remember as a kid that a flush would take anything down, possibly even people :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I prefer the grohe quality and my wife says that their ceramic is smoother and easier to clean.
The problem with having to flush twice is common to all toilets because the "green" brigade banned the 9 litre cisterns for the 6 litre.
So now instead of flushing 9 litres at once, you flush 6 litres twice (or 3 times) and their 3 neurons think that we're saving water.
thanks! What do you think of their “triple vortex flush”? did it require multiple flush if putting lots of paper or when there’s a big one;)

In fact, I've just seen that they still sell 9 litre cisterns.
Maybe the old ones were even bigger, but I remember as a kid that a flush would take anything down, possibly even people :ROFLMAO:
I’m feeling quite strange that in UK there’s not much “ siphone” type toilet as it only requires a small amount of water to flush loads. instead here is just the “ direct” flush which I found it’s quite contradicted as it request loads water.

as it only requires a small amount of water to flush loads.

Being flushed through the bend(s) and out of the pan is only the start of the journey for the paper and turds. The longer journey along the pipes requires enough flushing water to move the paper and turds at least as far as the public sewer.

thanks! What do you think of their “triple vortex flush”? did it require multiple flush if putting lots of paper or when there’s a big one;)
I'm not familiar with the triple vortex system.
My toilet 50% of the times clears with one flush, otherwise 2 or even 3 at times.

I'm not familiar with the triple vortex system.
My toilet 50% of the times clears with one flush, otherwise 2 or even 3 at times.
Thanks, is your toilet Grohe? Regarding Triple vortex flush I mean the flush is like a vortex when flushed, instead of flushing directly into the hole

Thanks, is your toilet Grohe? Regarding Triple vortex flush I mean the flush is like a vortex when flushed, instead of flushing directly into the hole
Yes, grohe from 2018.
Never noticed a vortex.
The utility room wickes toilet have a powerful vortex flush but I always thought it shouldn't be like that.
Although it is more effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back