PROFESSIONALS: which brand of boiler do you have in your home?

Which combi boiler brand do you have in YOUR home?

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
It's just a tagline, they all make similar claims one way or another.

I went for Atag due to the high hot water flow rate. Else I'd have gone with Intergas.
Currently having issues with hi/low pressure sensors on the Atag... Have new sensors, just not got round to putting them in :whistle:

I suppose you should also have added the rider 'in your main home (ski-lodge, summer residence, and hunting lodge excluded)'.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To add further, I don't have a combi; my solar pv system warms my hot water cylinder March to October inclusive.

Sponsored Links
So the results are quite interesting; top 3 are:
  1. INTERGAS: @cross thread, @muggles, @Madrab, @danfre, @sxturbo, @Warren O'Donnell, @teaboyjim
  2. WORCESTER_BOSCH: @denso13, @Johnmdc, @Stadan20, @John the plumber
  3. VAILLANT: @sharky6866, @Seanmcw1, @Jajodu
So Intergas is the installers favourite. Now the thing is that Ideal market themselves as the installers favourite brand. Under what basis do they make that claim? I'm surprised the other manufacturers don't sue them.

Well probably they can find more than a couple of installers been on the trips abroad who will say Ideal ate their favourite.

Marketing is bullsh*t. No company is going to say we make average boilers.

If the boiler has 164 welds and small tubes they'll market that as they're so confident of the exchanger they'll give it a lifetime warranty.

If the boiler doesn't have tight DHW control and can be configured to give extremely hot water the tagline will be something else.

Your poll is unfortunately as representative as marketing declarations.

It's the installer that's the main factor, if he or she puts in a below average product perfectly it'll have a better chance of surviving than a self-proclaimed premium product chosen because the guy gets a kickback or holiday by putting in twice as many faster to hit targets though they'll be in the greater number.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back