Professor stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are asking the wrong question. :rolleyes:
I am telling you that a human labelled as a man may think he is a woman, and vice-versa.
Some may even be unsure as to their gender.

So that's a "no."

Sponsored Links
You are asking the wrong question. :rolleyes:
I am telling you that a human labelled as a man may think he is a woman, and vice-versa.
Some may even be unsure as to their gender.

So that's a "no."

Sponsored Links
In your mind anyone who supports equality for transgender people must be an aggressive TRA.
That means that anyone who does not support equality for transgender people must be a transphobe.
Welcome to your world.

The WDSR, of which Prof Stocks is a member, wants to outlaw transgender people

"Does the WDSR “Demonstrate Hostility” towards Trans People?

The case against the Women’s Declaration is much easier to make, .. that Stock ...., made a choice that in my view warrants termination of contract:... The issue is whether Article 1c) of the WDSR is “eliminationist”—that is, whether it aims to eliminate trans women in law. The relevant section calls for:

“[t]he elimination of that act and practice of discrimination against women which comprises the inclusion of men who claim to have a female ‘gender identity’ in the category of women.”"
https://grace.substack.com/p/the-uk-media-has-seriously-bungled

WDSR do not want to murder trans-women, they just want to mandate them out of existence, or remove their legal right to exist.

A man is not a woman.
You still have not answered my question asked long ago. Are you considering a 'woman' to be a biological sex, or a gender?

"The UK government defines gender as:

• a social construction relating to behaviours and attributes based on labels of masculinity and femininity; gender identity is a personal, internal perception of oneself and so the gender category someone identifies with may not match the sex they were assigned at birth

• where an individual may see themselves as a man, a woman, as having no gender, or as having a non-binary gender – where people identify as somewhere on a spectrum between man and woman"
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/envi...isthedifferencebetweensexandgender/2019-02-21

You still have not answered my question asked long ago. Are you considering a 'woman' to be a biological sex, or a gender?

I already told you. A Woman is an adult human female. A man is not a woman.

I already told you. A Woman is an adult human female. A man is not a woman.
According to UK law, female is a sex, but woman is a gender. So you are conflating the two, sex and gender.
It's OK, you appear to conflate many things. Such as those who believe in equality for transgenders as aggressive TRAs, etc.

"Definitions and differences

The UK government defines sex as:

• referring to the biological aspects of an individual as determined by their anatomy, which is produced by their chromosomes, hormones and their interactions

• generally male or female

• something that is assigned at birth
The UK government defines gender as:

• a social construction relating to behaviours and attributes based on labels of masculinity and femininity; gender identity is a personal, internal perception of oneself and so the gender category someone identifies with may not match the sex they were assigned at birth

• where an individual may see themselves as a man, a woman, as having no gender, or as having a non-binary gender – where people identify as somewhere on a spectrum between man and woman
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/envi...isthedifferencebetweensexandgender/2019-02-21

Nonsense.

It does, however, affirm the rights of women.
It says it wants to outlaw the existence of transgender people, (only trans-women though, it appears quite happy with trans-men) in their articles. Article 1(c).
“[t]he elimination of that act and practice of discrimination against women which comprises the inclusion of men who claim to have a female ‘gender identity’ in the category of women.”
Instead of rubbishing it, why not try and read it for yourself, and then discuss it rationally.
Maybe prof Stocks wasn't too familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back