Prog. Not calling on htg, h/w works

Ah OK, thanks. So I take it that this is a room thermostat of the non programmable type, and not a thermostat receiver?

stat-jpg.211140

Unfortunately I don't recognise its make / model, but I see by the schematic that the terminal marked L1 is linked internally to the switch contacts N/C and N/O. In which case I suspect that it doesn't need a permanent live supply. And could be controlled directly from the programmer. The instructions for it should confirm. In which case....

1.jpg

The original diagram you posted had a link between programmer terminals L and 1 which isn't required. I mention it in case you don't notice I've deleted it.

So basically, we're back to what @Johnmdc said to start with :)
In your second picture there is a white link between L and CH on this needs removing.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Stem....thankyou for the effort youve put in to help out, much appreciated. And Johnmdc thankyou

Finally everything working. I didnt even bother with existing clock and stat, i removed them as im sure they were causing problems also. The link that caused all of this! ( L to Ch1 ) I removed it a few times but nothing went right until i changed clock etc. Although connections on clocks were identical, so their just crap.
Fitted a Salus prog, and Salus stat. There simple and work like they should, also they look good with blue neon glow. Prog was £23-£24 and stat was about £10 or less. crazy prices.
So i removed link wire in cylinder wiring center.
Stat still had power when prog. was calling for heat, which was good. So it works.
Job finally sorted
Thankyou for your help, wouldnt be at this position without it.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back