programer blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i changed fuse in my daughters central heating and there was a flash and a bang from the programmer can I change it or is there something else wrong with the boiler, and there is no name on the programmer

Sponsored Links
So the fuse blows and you just replace it without bothering to find out why it blew? :eek:

So why were you suddenly changing a fuse?

Its not a normal maintenance activity!

I suspect it had blown and instead of investigating why, you just replaced it. Possibly even with one at a higher rating!

Tony

Rivermead, the fuse that blew would most likely be a 3 amp fuse (due to some kind of defect) for protection of boiler, wiring and controls. If replaced fuse is say a 5 amp, you would most likely have protection still. A 10 amp or 13 amp even, means a goodbye to the programmer. Hope my explanation is one human being to another instead of headmaster talking to an errant child :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Rivermead, the fuse that blew would most likely be a 3 amp fuse (due to some kind of defect) for protection of boiler, wiring and controls. If replaced fuse is say a 5 amp, you would most likely have protection still. A 10 amp or 13 amp even, means a goodbye to the programmer. Hope my explanation is one human being to another instead of headmaster talking to an errant child :rolleyes:

Hi I replaced it with the same fuse 3amp and when a fuse blows do you get some out to look at for £40 or do you replace the fuse your self

It seems that you replaced the fuse and blew a £45 programmer.

You should have had an engineer do it for you!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back