Programmer connection issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to site looking for advice. Horstmann centaur plus c27 gave up the goast late evening. So nip to shop got a Drayton LP522. Have a gravity feed system 2 X 2 port valves and pump. Boiler has no switch live.
Pictures show the way my control box is wired up. And a picture shows back plate wiring from old programmer.
If I'm correct the programmer must be set to P on the back ??.
Cables upto 3amp switch load 240v.
Cables to control box are feed 240v
Programmers live neutral and earth and She on and Htg on.
Do I need more connections on back plate to get programmer to work

Attachments

• IMG_20191119_203340.jpg
    IMG_20191119_203340.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20191119_190042.jpg
    IMG_20191119_190042.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Hi we can tell you are new. You've posted a question that should be in the central heating' forum, in the 'forum information' instead.

The Horstmann and LP are simply two channel 'on' and 'off' switches and so perform identical tasks

The Horstmann has the following connections

C.JPG

And the Drayton has just the same connections

LP.JPG

So they are exchanged like for like, you won't need any more wires than you have now.

As you have two 2-Port motorised valves, the mode of operation should be set to 'pumped' not 'gravity'

Sponsored Links
Connected programmer but when I switch on the mains input the programmer will light up and then the fuze blows

Then either you have not moved the wires across exactly as they were. If you have moved the wires

N to N
L to L
3 to 3
4 to 4

Then nothing should have changed.

Or there is a fault elsewhere that is why the original programmer gave up the ghost, may be something else has changed or been disturbed. Are the wire in the terminal block at the back secure, and not shorted somewhere.

It's the same concept as changing as one light bulb for another.

Now you have blown a fuse it's possible you have damaged the new programmer too.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back