wiring st9400c programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i have quite an old y plan system and the programmer we had which was a clockwork type has given up. I know that the mid position valve is a honeywell v4073 which is compatible with the new programmer.

My question is this behind the original back plate for the programmer I have 2 wires for live & neutral, 2 for heating 1 live 1 neutral, 2 for water 1 live 1 neutral and 2 for the boiler 1 live & 1 Neutral.

What I want to know is the programmer shows NL1234

NL Neutral & Live from mains
1&3 Hot Water off & On
2&4 CH off & On

So where does the boiler leads go?

At present the old clock only has CH on & Off actually attached to the back plate and all the other wires connected to junction boxes.

Any help very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
behind the original back plate for the programmer I have 2 wires for live & neutral, 2 for heating 1 live 1 neutral, 2 for water 1 live 1 neutral and 2 for the boiler 1 live & 1 Neutral.

At present the old clock only has CH on & Off actually attached to the back plate and all the other wires connected to junction boxes.
Firstly, wire colours mean nothing, apart from the "2 wires for live and neutral".

What you have written in the first paragaraph is at odds with the second paragraph.

Can you clarify what you mean by providing a list showing which wire is connected to each terminal of the old timer?

You also mention junction boxes. Which wires enter and leave each box and what do they connect to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back