Proof there is no god?

Sponsored Links
Wow! I bet we'll be getting some heated responses tomorrow.

I tend to think that Jesus did exsist , there is plenty of written evidence to put along side one theory to say that he was made up and even if this was some sort of Roman plot I still think they would of used a real person to " act " in his role. Two thousand years ago there was no internet ,mass media and a largely illerate population so subtle conspiraces are probably unlikely.
Of course saying that he existed isn't the same as saying that he was the son of God , that's the big leap.
If he was the son of God that to me raises another issue. Jews and Christians have the same god but when Jesus was alive there were of course only Jews and some of them accepted him as son of God and thus started the Christian church. Why did all these people not go on the same path when clearly presented a person sent down from their own creator , why did some see him as the messiah and others see him as just some bloke born in a barn? Surely an omnipotent creator god can't have cocked up the programming of his creations?

Sponsored Links
DM = ignore

There is a whole host of studies that look at this from an historial perspective, and none have come to this conclusion. My guess is that he will be bending the evidence to fit his idea.

Also, why would Rome invent Christ, when Christians were hostile to Rome?

Reading elsewhere about this, the idea seems loaded with false claims, and misinterpretation.

Of course saying that he existed isn't the same as saying that he was the son of God , that's the big leap.
If he was the son of God that to me raises another issue.

He wasn't the messiah; he was a very naughty boy!

What's this thing? "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"? "People called Romanes they go the house?"

What's this thing? "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"? "People called Romanes they go the house?"

Using this very useful web site, it could translate as:

'Romans go home', (but as a statement rather than an imperative).

Although it could equally say:

'The Romans flow household', whatever that might mean. :LOL:

Getting back on topic, I suppose the collapse of the Roman Empire is proof that there really is a god: he didn't much appreciate their crucifying his only begotten son!

So if one scientist invented the climate change model you'd believe it? Would you fook. Stop being silly and start believing.

Stop being Silly Joe and look at the evidence (or lack of it) and if you still believe then that is your prerogative albeit misguide, but don't be silly and arrogant all of your life.
I bet you have never had that advice before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Getting back on topic, I suppose the collapse of the Roman Empire is proof that there really is a god: he didn't much appreciate their crucifying his only begotten son!

Can't have been that upset...took him 400 odd years before he zapped 'em

well ive just watched an interesting item.

'the da vinci code' what an eye opener.

Sponsored Links
Back