Proof to support creationism?

AdamW said:
Here's a melon-scratcher for you:

what is 'x', where:

x = infinity ÷ infinity :LOL:

)

I would say that anything can divide into infinity infinitely, so the answer is infinity.

Scratchin those melons.

Sponsored Links
Must be a trait of physicists then ;)

There is infinity, and then there is infinity.

Now, infinitesimal. Infinitesimal is to small, what infinity is to big. If you show me something infinitesimal, I'll cut it in half and give you something even more infinitesimal ;) If that were not the case, we wouldn't call it infinitesimal, we would call it atomos.

Something on the order of infinitesimal is on the order of 1/infinity (well, any number, real or imaginery, divided by infinity)

So, I put it to you that an infinite quantity of stars, from each an infinitessimal number of photons, would not amount to a whole hill of beans. :D

Well, infinity is bigger than infinity. :LOL:

You have theoretical-infinity (which is the one to which you refer), and then there is practical-infinity.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Must be a trait of physicists then ;)

There is infinity, and then there is infinity.

Now, infinitesimal. Infinitesimal is to small, what infinity is to big. If you show me something infinitesimal, I'll cut it in half and give you something even more infinitesimal ;) If that were not the case, we wouldn't call it infinitesimal, we would call it atomos.

Something on the order of infinitesimal is on the order of 1/infinity (well, any number, real or imaginery, divided by infinity)

So, I put it to you that an infinite quantity of stars, from each an infinitessimal number of photons, would not amount to a whole hill of beans. :D

An I say that is *******s!!

Surely you cannot have an infinitessimal number of anything. If it is a number then it is measurable and if that number (of photons) is produced by infinite stars then there are infinite photons.

AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
How big is it ? It can't be infinite, otherwise that throws up a paradox. Why isn't the sky white ??

Amazingly enough, I was thinking about that one only a few days ago (spooky!). A teacher threw that one at me at school, and I didn't really ponder it.

The logic is "if the universe is infinite, then travelling in any one direction you will eventually meet a star. Therefore the sky should be white".

However, it fails to take into account one very simple principle:

1) The "inverse square law", by which the intensity of the light reaching the observer diminishes over relatively short distances (short, compared to infinity at least ;) )

Sure, you would get interference patterns from all the light sources overlapping, but these would be so faint your eyes would be unlikely to register them

Jim, I would be interested to hear why you don't agree with the Big Bang theory: are you more a follower of "steady state", or is there some other camp to which you subscribe? True, they are all merely theories, but the Big Bang is so convenient from the quantum level up! :D

Although, one could postulate the Big Bang theory is so popular because it isn't too far from our ancestors' beliefs in genesis! :LOL:

As I understand it while the universe might be infinite we can only see a finite portion of it... about 13 billion light years although I don't know where inflation (should it have happened) comes into this. However the first stars lit up well after inflation so it matters not.. surfice to say either the universe is finite with not enough stars for a white sky, or we just can't see enough of it due to light taking time to get here and the finite age of the universe (and the light from far stars is very dilute etc)

You may be right mikethehat. However AdamW seems to have vanished into infinity. I believe Darwin may have had a theory for this judging by AdamWs rogues gallery offerings. "Non survival of the fattest".

Dont DIS ...the GOOD GUY......:)

AdamW.....

where are you my gay mate ?

I hope you have found love an really settled down now ....lol...

best regards

an muchos love
moz ;)

I hope you're right moz - I notice he was last active in the male rape thread, lol.... Do they have the www in Strangeways?? lol

keyplayer

I wouldnt take the **** ...
normally would an accept it ,

but this guy has gone /fullstop

sound brilliant guy .....

an we /I respect him here , Star Bloke .., :) :) :) :) :)

footnote
if you want be funny an post,

check up facts /google

www in Strangeways??

HMP MANCHESTER .....Now...;)

You're probably right. He was a big contributor here, and amusing, one would have expected a sign off. I sincerely hope he's ok.

Sponsored Links
Back