Property Ladder

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
jbonding said:
Kelinik said:
No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that. I mean I hardly own any clothes that aren't covered with paint, polyfiller, wallpaper paste etc so I'm by no means perfectly turned out all the time but it doesn't mean I walk round looking like a scarecrow!

I think the Beeny is good at her job to clarify, didn't realise people would jump to her defence over a comment about her bad highlights lol! *crawls back under rock*

thats one of the things i find attractive about her "No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that" shes not one of these crazy women they have for diy programs just to keep some fellas interested, she knows her stuff and i cant understand why a lot of the people on the show dont take her advise. I wasnt having a go, but dont call sarah ;)

lol, going on that criteria you wouldn't be averse to a bit of Charlie Dimmock either jbonding. Go on , admit it...

you are spot on ;) Another women who id be with if i was single and Sarah wasnt interested :LOL: Natural women of beauty and not scared of a bit of graft :LOL:

Agreed. So while you've got your feet up for beers and football they can be skimming the extension and trimming the privet. :)

"get me a beer before it starts love...........cheers"

"get us a another beer before it starts love............cheers"

"you couldnt get us another beer before it starts could you love.................Cheers"

"get us one more beer before it starts love........................"

"You lazy fat bastard, who the **** do you think i am, get your own ****ing beers and before what ****ing starts"

"too late its started" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sarah Beeny is a TV presenter that reads a pre-written (by someone else) script. She makes her money from voice overs.
The whole show is staged so that some stooge looks like they've, 'got it all wrong' because it is scripted that way. Let's face it - it would be a pretty dull affair if it all went as it goes in the real world.

It's a reality TV show and the reality is that the TV production company pick up the tab for the real renovations after the show is aired.

How can you all be so naive?

joe

joe-90 said:
Sarah Beeny is a TV presenter that reads a pre-written (by someone else) script. She makes her money from voice overs.
The whole show is staged so that some stooge looks like they've, 'got it all wrong' because it is scripted that way. Let's face it - it would be a pretty dull affair if it all went as it goes in the real world.

It's a reality TV show and the reality is that the TV production company pick up the tab for the real renovations after the show is aired.

joe

I'm not so sure. I can see that being the case for something like Changing Rooms, where the budget is a couple of grand for Lawrence to stick some MDF moons up in your bedroom. But in this case, when its potentially tens of thousands, and where the potential profit goes into other people's pockets, I don't think they'd have the budget. Similar to Grand Designs - the TV company may bung you a little bit, but no way are they going to fund the whole thing.

You're probably right about picking the projects for a possible element of going wrong though. Bit like Wife Swap - they wouldn't just pick a couple of couples that are going to get along swimmingly, its all about the argument.

Continuity was all out for the Beeney though. Some shots she's very pregnant, some shots she's hardly pregnant at all. Normally like her hair though I do have to agree with kelinik on this one - it looked like someone had smoothed it down with a spitty hand this week.

What is it with women?

I was sat in a chinese restuarant last week with my wench and I merely commented on how good the waitress seemed to be at her job. She was very polite, always smiling and we didn't have to wait long for drinks etc...

The next thing I know the missus pipes up with "Yes......but I wouldn't be seen dead in those shoes she's wearing!"
I mean, WTF has that got to do with anything!? :eek:

Oh yeah.........Apparently her breasts must have been fake too because they were far too big to be natural! :rolleyes:

I suppose but she was just a waitress. It's hardly like she was walking down the catwalk or anything looking glamorous.

Besides, my missus knows I wouldn't dare look at another woman that way :D

Yes but deep down we're all insecure so you see you owed her a reminder after pointing out said fab waitress. Therefore the correct reply to her critising said waitresses shoes/boobs would have been 'yeah babe/honey/darling, you look much better than her and are just as good at your job'. Always balance any positive comment you make about any other women with at least one to your missus, helps prevent the sulking in the car all the way home or the 'So you think she's prettier than me then?' type questions you see.

BOB.DOLE said:
well i deal with landlords a lot and they are all saying the same old thing that they cant rent out propertys anymore the bottom as fell out.

on average they are asking £100 a week but cant get it anymore and the morjority are going into buying and selling rather than renting.

As a professional landlord of some 10 years, who doesn't use agents etc, I don't make fortunes from my rentals. I provide properly maintained and safe homes, which costs money. For example I have one tenant in his 7th year, one in her 5th and when I started, I took lots of advice.

True the market is tougher nowadays, but that's because there are so many so-called landlords and developers looking for the fast buck.

Elsewhere in these forums there are DIYers moaning about the Part P electrics or the CORGI gas regs etc. God knows what kind of botched up, held together with a bit of string type properties we'll be buying in the future now these property progs have hypnotised everyone into thinking property = lots of money.

It's a business like any other, and when it's done properly it's fine.

I'm glad the southern jessies lost £48k last night (Property Ladder in case you've forgotten). About time too, there's never enough 'health warnings' on any of these progs. They all use terms like 'raking in' and 'quick profit' without mentioning the tax due of course.

Right, rant over.. cybil....
DL :rolleyes:

decentlandlord said:
BOB.DOLE said:
well i deal with landlords a lot and they are all saying the same old thing that they cant rent out propertys anymore the bottom as fell out.

on average they are asking £100 a week but cant get it anymore and the morjority are going into buying and selling rather than renting.

As a professional landlord of some 10 years, who doesn't use agents etc, I don't make fortunes from my rentals. I provide properly maintained and safe homes, which costs money. For example I have one tenant in his 7th year, one in her 5th and when I started, I took lots of advice.

True the market is tougher nowadays, but that's because there are so many so-called landlords and developers looking for the fast buck.

Elsewhere in these forums there are DIYers moaning about the Part P electrics or the CORGI gas regs etc. God knows what kind of botched up, held together with a bit of string type properties we'll be buying in the future now these property progs have hypnotised everyone into thinking property = lots of money.

It's a business like any other, and when it's done properly it's fine.

I'm glad the southern jessies lost £48k last night (Property Ladder in case you've forgotten). About time too, there's never enough 'health warnings' on any of these progs. They all use terms like 'raking in' and 'quick profit' without mentioning the tax due of course.

Right, rant over.. cybil....
DL :rolleyes:

and so am i :LOL: the program started around the same time as a boom and most of them would of made the same profit if they never touched it. Its good showing people mess up but these two were stupid and the fella was scared of opening his mouth, a different contrast with the interior designer who was fortunate with the wall but done a good job and listened. if you never watched it dont worry and dismiss this post in your head ;)

joe-90 said:

joe

why do you think they chose her to do this so called program with limitless funds that would pull any idiot out of the ****. you are mad. shes done well out of property before the program, probably one of the reasons she was chosen or maybe the reason for the programs success. regardless of her hair ;)

She knows extremely little about the way a house is constructed. All she can do is read a script.

She made her money from voice-overs, without which you would never have heard of her.

The 'stars' of the show are specially picked and chosen to act 'whacky'.

In another forum there was someone that actually knew someone who appeared on the show and explained how it worked.

Let's face it, they've got you suckered in, so they know how to play the game.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back