Property Ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may well have said this last series as well, but did anyone watch this last night ?

Over the years, because of the crazy rise in property prices, this programme has put the idea in people's heads that no matter how much of an idiot you are, and how unwilling you are to listen to the expert, you can ALWAYS make tens of thousands by doing anything involving property.

House price rises are out of the equation now, so the chickens are coming home to roost. £48k down last night - that's gotta' sting.......

Sponsored Links
well i deal with landlords a lot and they are all saying the same old thing that they cant rent out propertys anymore the bottom as fell out.

on average they are asking £100 a week but cant get it anymore and the morjority are going into buying and selling rather than renting.

This programme is so predictable, Sarah Beeny should do a whole episode concerning the pitfalls of renting, she makes it all sound so wonderful.
Do these so called Landlords know what they are getting into?

Most tenants are law abiding however there are plenty who are not, pitfalls include ...

Loss of rent
Damage to property
Complaints from neighbours
Constant maintenance including boiler breakdowns etc
Court costs concerning removal of tenants which can be long and laborious (if you can get them out)
Inland Revenue payments (unearned income)
Capital Gains Tax

johnny_t said:
House price rises are out of the equation now, so the chickens are coming home to roost. £48k down last night - that's gotta' sting.......

dont forget though they could make about £10.000 if sombody want to buy a 2 bed flat above a wine bar for half a million pounds :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

and just think how much they could have lost if they took the one bed flat option

Sponsored Links
Young Urban Professionals=Glorified insurance salespeople :LOL: The 80`s it aint :LOL: :LOL: ...who spotted the nationality of the builder doing the bathroom ;)Mmmmmm10k? we`ll keep you posted on my son`s maisonette.......neds a tosh over and a new kitchen./bathroom :rolleyes: Retired? not likely...but I reckon there`s 10k in it when done...and that`s in the stix ;)

Yeah, I saw it last night - why the f*ck didn't they just listen to her and do it as three flats?

The original series of property ladder is responsible for my desicion to become a property developer. 5 yrs later we've only just been able to afford to buy anything but I've learnt alot in that time without losing any money!

I've been called a Sarah Beeny wannabe but that's just not true - I mean have you seen her hair!! :eek: :LOL:

Glad to hear you`ve not lost ;) BUT if you were Polish .........in those 5 years working here you`d have earned enough to buy your house back home :rolleyes: Maybe that`s where the next boom will be.

Kelinik said:
The original series of property ladder is responsible for my desicion to become a property developer. 5 yrs later we've only just been able to afford to buy anything but I've learnt alot in that time without losing any money!

I've been called a Sarah Beeny wannabe but that's just not true - I mean have you seen her hair!! :eek: :LOL:

dont be calling sarah :evil: she would be mey ideal women if i was single ;)

Yeah come on Ms. Beeny, put your trowel down and comb your hair.

No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that. I mean I hardly own any clothes that aren't covered with paint, polyfiller, wallpaper paste etc so I'm by no means perfectly turned out all the time but it doesn't mean I walk round looking like a scarecrow!

I think the Beeny is good at her job to clarify, didn't realise people would jump to her defence over a comment about her bad highlights lol! *crawls back under rock*

Kelinik said:
No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that. I mean I hardly own any clothes that aren't covered with paint, polyfiller, wallpaper paste etc so I'm by no means perfectly turned out all the time but it doesn't mean I walk round looking like a scarecrow!

I think the Beeny is good at her job to clarify, didn't realise people would jump to her defence over a comment about her bad highlights lol! *crawls back under rock*

thats one of the things i find attractive about her "No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that" shes not one of these crazy women they have for diy programs just to keep some fellas interested, she knows her stuff and i cant understand why a lot of the people on the show dont take her advise. I wasnt having a go, but dont call sarah ;)

jbonding said:
Kelinik said:

thats one of the things i find attractive about her "No no no its just that tv presenters are supposed to have make up artists and hairdressers and that" shes not one of these crazy women they have for diy programs just to keep some fellas interested, she knows her stuff and i cant understand why a lot of the people on the show dont take her advise. I wasnt having a go, but dont call sarah ;)

lol, going on that criteria you wouldn't be averse to a bit of Charlie Dimmock either jbonding. Go on , admit it...

Sponsored Links
Back