Protecting a OutHouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have an outhouse at the back of our garden. I would like to install some sort of Alarm to deter intruders. I am guessing that people will say that a wired alarm is the best way to go and this will most likely happen in the future when we dig up the garden and run all other cables from the main house to it.

Is it possible to buy a standalone cost effective wired system just for the outhouse which has cellular messaging if an alarm is activated?

Or a wireless system with the same feature. I have use the Yale HSA6400 before at another property I used to live in. It worked well and there was no problems. Is the best Wireless alarm to go for in this scenario?

Cheers
Raji

Sponsored Links
Its usually easier to use wireless for outbuildings than to dig up up and lay cable.

just need to make sure your system is capable of jumping the gap

Depending on the size of the outbuilding and the number of detectors you need, it might be worth fitting a small wired alarm and then having a radio link to the the house. If you have an alarm in the house, you could link it to a zone programmed as 24Hrs. You could use a simple radio transmitter/receiver pair like the ones made by Visonic (I haven't got the model number off the top of my head). Connect the transmitter to the bell trigger.

If the house alarm has radio equipment already, you could use a radio door contact as the transmitter in the outbuilding... BUT CHECK THE SIGNAL STRENGTH/RANGE FIRST!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back