Proteus consumer unit brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before you all choke on your cornflakes thoughts please on this brand. It was sold to me at £70 inc vat and inc of mcbs and rcd type A 30ma its a ten way.

Thought I would ask before its fitted in case I have been sold a dud.

Regards

Sponsored Links
I've got a Proteus I've had it for years everyone has told me its cr*p and when I first got it it was, but it came with fuses which I replaced with MCB,s. the power comes in one end and out the other no probs the buzz bar is sturdy enough so Oops! gotta go the power,s just tripped, only joking!!
cheers
ps you paid too much for it (sorry its abit pointless to tell you that now)

pb21 said:
Before you all choke on your cornflakes thoughts please on this brand. It was sold to me at £70 inc vat and inc of mcbs and rcd type A 30ma its a ten way.

Thought I would ask before its fitted in case I have been sold a dud.

Regards

If you had added about £25 to £30 to that, you would have got an MK or Hager unit.

Proteus are rubbish, they are the Trabant of the circuit protection world..in fact they make Volex look upmarket :LOL:

Volex downmarket ??

(Sharp intake of breath)

Jim, What are you saying??

Sponsored Links
Yup - just as Kia and Daihatsu conform to the same set standards as BMW and Mercedes...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back