Proteus consumer unit. Help

Given the look of the printed on customer details, I took that 0345 to be pre 1995 phONEday, and the area code is now 01345. An 0345 number nowadays would be 0345 xxx xxxx
My first thought, but could not find an area that uses 01345 now

Sponsored Links
I think 0345 may have been used historically as an "overflow" for 0845 but my memory is fuzzy.

(nowadays it's used for companies who want to transition from 0845 with minimal changes to their number).

As to SPD's, I still say the way they are installed makes them virtually functionless and on the offchance they do actually achieve something all that happens is they trip the MCB leaving them out of circuit for the next surge.
My CU there is no MCB feeding the SPD, I note with latter versions they are MCB protected, there is some sort of auto disconnection device and once activated it needs a new SPD, it came with the CU, so did not really question it at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back