PRV location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer shower connected up to a combi boiler and the mains cold. It's vibrating and making a humming noise when it warms up. Turning the cold water on the basin or bath reduces the problem. So I've got a pressure reducing valve. But where do I fix it? On the mains feed going into the boiler or between the mains feed and the shower?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Is the shower suitable for mains pressure? Could be meant for balanced supplies only.

If you put it before the mains going into the boiler then it will affect your DHW and not the cold on the shower, if between the mains and shower then it will just affect the cold on the shower and any other cold water points that are tee'd off, e.g. your basin.

Sponsored Links
If you are installing a pressure reducing valve it needs to be fitted just after the stop cock so it affects the whole supply to your home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back