PRV termination / GSIUR

3 questions:

1. Can he issue a warning notice and turn off my boiler for this "fault"?
He can, but he's not entitled to.

2. Do the MI's or the GSIUR take precedence here?
Neither, since this isn't covered in the GS(IU)R. The regulations that matter here are The Building Regulations:

The Government said:
G3
there shall be precautions—
(a) to prevent the temperature of stored water at any time exceeding 100°C; and
(b) to ensure that the hot water discharged from safety devices is safely conveyed to where it is visible but will not cause danger to persons in or about the building.

The Building Regulations (and the GS(IU)R) take precedence over all non-legislative documents. You should treat with the utmost suspicion the professional opinion of anyone who says differently.

(Where can I find the GSIUR online so I can read the relevant regulation/s for myself?)
Here: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/19982451.htm

3. Can I ignore this notice if I can determine that it is invalid.
Yes.

You're welcome.

Sponsored Links
Goldberg, you are showing your total ignorance to the heating industry, AGAIN!, the manufacturers instructions supercede everything, including BS, so if the gas regulations say a fire requires xxcm ventilations, but the manufacturer say the boiler requires less or more, the manufacturers instruction should be follwed, FACT.
The building regulations have nothing to do with the gas regulations.
You are obviously having difficulty understanding what you are reading from your googling.

Building regs and PRVs????? what an absolute clown!!!!

Think of the AR notice as a generic safety warning.... take away all the GSIUR stuff and think of it as just being pointed out that something COULD hurt you.

From your situation though it sounds as if AR is inappropriate, but in the realm of H&S engineers have a 'duty of care' to their customers to point out potential hazards.

Electrical problems for example arent covered under GSIUR but you could issue an AR label just to warn the customer of a hazard.

Again, ignore the relevance to regs and be comforted that someone has noticed something that could harm yourself or a loved one.

You'll also appreciate in this world of 'no win no fee' vultures, that covering your backside is a BIG thing..... if it isnt pointed out, no matter how trivial something may be in peoples eyes and that 1 in 1million time comes when something does happen, its HSE time and the engineer is in for the high jump.

Goldberg, shut up you idiot, you know nothing about the real world.. stick to your books, or best yet..... tell us your occupation

Goldberg, I have spent years learning about gas, the regs and how to do it all safely, so shut the F**K up commenting about things you dont know about all you do is potentially confuse (and def upset) people on here

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back