Ptfe for sealing threads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I usualy put about 15-20 wraps of ptfe on threads, can LS-X also be used put over the ptfe on the male thread. To help seal also?

Sponsored Links
15 or 20 is a lot.

What makes you think you need LSX as well?

What are these threaded joints? Radiator tails, cylinder tappings? not compression jonts?

Is for a mdpe 3/4 female connector. So need ptfe on the 3/4 male connector for it. Just asked as I know its a high pressure area.

Wrap ptfe on the male thread, making sure you taper the ptfe thicker towards the inner thread. So as you tighten the joint it knots up tightly as you wind them together

Sponsored Links
And wind the tape on the correct way, ie. clockwise as you look at the end of the thread. Even seen instructional vids on Youtube where people wind it on the wrong way.

LSX has it's uses as a last ditch attempt to seal something. If you're using it routinely to get a seal, you're doing something wrong.

Loctite 55 to instructions on tube ( i.e. 1/2" 6 - 8 turns), a smear of jet blue never any leaks.

Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back