PTZ - "Grey" Screen of Death?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Hikvision DVR wired to 8 cameras. One of the cameras is a PTZ. With out any reason or warning, the feed from the PTZ has gone "grey". The DVR is recognising a video signal from the PTZ, but the video is just a blank grey image. The DVR seems to be moaning about a video "input/output" miss match.

Does it sound like my PTZ is fritzed? Or are there them diagnosing actions that I could under take to narrow down the problem?

Thoughts appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check in camera settings on the Dvr for the channel number of the ptz , I did have a hikvision dvr that somehow changed the camera type to nstc not pal ( this brought up the mismatch warning ) this was a standard camera , not TVI
Also check the ptz if it has an onscreen menu it may have gone to nstc if it's a multi region ptz

Many thanks for the info sparkymarka. I am using the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software to access the DVR and whilst I can find a number of different camera settings I am at a loss to find any ability to switch between NTSC and Pal :(

Sponsored Links
Unhelpfully I don't know. I inherited the system, which used to have an old Swann DVR. I replaced the DVR and most of the cameras with Hikvision gear, but left the PTZ in place. I would need to get up the ladder to see if it has any markings.

Not helpful i know.

Thanks

The PTZ has a swann logo on the front and will be at least 5 years old. The other swann equipments that i removed were not HD.

Have you tried powering down the ptz ? Do you get a menu on the monitor screen when you power it back up ?

Have you tried powering down the ptz ? Do you get a menu on the monitor screen when you power it back up ?

Hi,

No when I de-power the camera and reapply power the video feed just comes up as normal with the text overlay (date/time etc) from the DVR. No menu screen appears.

I did find a way in the DVR to change the whole DVR output from NTSC to PAL and vice versa, but this made not difference. I have not found a way to amend just the PTZ's output mode.

Ta

Got up the ladder today! And removed the PTZ. I connected it direct to the DVR using different wiring and the results were the same. So I now know that the wiring is not the issue!

Below is what I get on my DVR, as you can see there is a video image, but it is the grey screen of death..

20171216_135954.jpg

As for the PTZ itself, there are no distinquishing marks on the outer plastic cover... it just says "Swann"..

20171216_140009.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back