Pub Wiring Photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon All

I thought I would like to share some photos (if anything for your amusement) of some typical pub wiring I have come across.

In the image Wiring by Seat is a cable terminated in a connector block right next to a seat within dead easy reach (although I don't know if the cable is actually live).

In the Toilet Light image, until recently there was no piece of wood above the light which has a JB behind it joining two T&E cables with the lid not screwed on properly - if you lifted the lid slightly you could see a red and brown wire joined together.

In the image Taped Connections is where a light fitting should be the cables are in a connector block with a piece of insulation tape over them. Very nearby are wall lights in use so suggesting the cable is probably live (this is in a pub restaurant).

In the Hand Dryer images the image showing the bare cable are where a hand dryer once was. I myself switched the RCD FCU off when I came across this (yes it was switched on).

All the Outdoor Lights images are from an establishment which serves as a pub,club and eating establishment. If I remember rightly, I think the outdoor lighting system was installed in 2012, supplied from a SW FCU indoors with the junction boxes supplied by white LSF cable. In the Buried Cable photo you can see that it is run just loosely under the steps and simply buried under rubble and rubbish. In the Cable Run photo you can see it run along the fence covered in creosote. This is a place I now rarely go to in the night but when passing I think I have seen the lights on so suggesting they are in use.

Regards

Attachments

• Wiring by Seat.jpg
    Wiring by Seat.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 310
  • Toilet Light.jpg
    Toilet Light.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Taped Connections.jpg
    Taped Connections.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Hand Dryer.jpg
    Hand Dryer.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Hand Dryer 2.jpg
    Hand Dryer 2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 288
  • Outdoor Lights.jpg
    Outdoor Lights.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Outdoor Lights 2.jpg
    Outdoor Lights 2.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Outdoor Lights Buried Cable.jpg
    Outdoor Lights Buried Cable.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Outdoor Lights Cable Run.jpg
    Outdoor Lights Cable Run.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 294
  • Outdoor Lights Junction Boxes.jpg
    Outdoor Lights Junction Boxes.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 291
Sponsored Links
Oi, :) most of my career has been pub installs, but i agree a few years down the line with numerous add ons it can be a bit messy.
One of my favourites, still live and could see the actual cores of the pyro.

full

Sponsored Links
I actively seek pub gardens with the odd beer can & car tyre littered around.

Are you sure that's not a squat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back