Help on bypassing a PIR for outdoor lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a recently wired house which has a porch light controlled by both a switch and a PIR sensor. I want to bypass the PIR sensor so as just to operate the light by the switch.
I've looked in the junction box and there is a four core wire going to the box from the switch. Brown, Black, Grey and Earth.
The light is run off just two core cable Brown and Blue.

Could anyone advise which wires I should connect to each other to bypass the PIR please?

I've attached an image of the current wiring I can see in the junction box. The solid lines are the blocks where cables joined.

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
How does the light work? Looking at your diagram, it has just two earths going it.

I think you are maybe mistaking the OP's marking of the outer covering of the flex, as an earth symbol.
The blue and the brown from the light both seem to go to an earth symbol, don’t they? What are those three lines?

Sponsored Links
The blue and the brown from the light both seem to go to an earth symbol, don’t they? What are those three lines?
The lines are the blocks / connectors where they are joined - not on earth synbol

The lines are the blocks / connectors where they are joined - not on earth symbol

Has the PIR not got any adjustment dials on it, normally time, lumens and sensitivity. Cant you just adjust these so it doesen't operate- time, minimum, sensetivity to minimum and lumens required to operate to max or min? Failing that point it at a wall so it won't pick up any movement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back