Public liability doesn't cover pressure washing, worth getting it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My public liabilty covers pressure washing with cheapo electric one but not petrol washer. Worth paying extra to get it on blocking flats irregularly work on? What could go wrong with just pressure washing blockbusting and slabs?

It is through a property maintenance company

Sponsored Links
What could go wrong with just pressure washing blockbusting and slabs?
Nasty mould ridden mess is cleaned, legionella bacteria enter the air, someone breathes it in and suffers brain damage, requires lifetime care at a cost of millions.
Or maybe just a bit of grit scratches someones car.

And the difference between electric and petrol pressure washing can cause all that?
Wow! ;)

Nasty mould ridden mess is cleaned, legionella bacteria enter the air, someone breathes it in and suffers brain damage, requires lifetime care at a cost of millions.
Or maybe just a bit of grit scratches someones car.

Block paving not block busting lol.

I take it you're joking!

One thing I did notice was some block paving had sucken. Worried cos' i didn't resand properly. Left too long and think dirt got washed in . And this caused it or just a car sitting on it. But this was an electric cheap pressure washer so what's the difference if I upgrade to a petrol one on public liability. I just don't get why they want another £100 for petrol ones

Sponsored Links
Thinking about it, perhaps it's because of the petrol itself?
Carrying that with you presents another danger that warrants more money :)

I recall some people who died using a petrol-powered tool. I think they were working in a basement and were overcome by fumes, probably carbon monoxoxide. I have an idea it was a father and son.

I recall some people who died using a petrol-powered tool. I think they were working in a basement and were overcome by fumes, probably carbon monoxoxide. I have an idea it was a father and son.

That wasn't because of the petrol powered tool though, that was their own stupidity

stupidy alone is not fatal

stupidity plus a petrol tool is fatal.

Purpleroad the answer is simple.

If you are sure that you need to use a petrol washer instead of an electric one then you also need to stump up for this (try other brokers first).
If you go ahead then you need to find out how to safely manage a petrol driven tool (fuel storage etc.)

Purpleroad the answer is simple.

If you are sure that you need to use a petrol washer instead of an electric one then you also need to stump up for this (try other brokers first).
If you go ahead then you need to find out how to safely manage a petrol driven tool (fuel storage etc.)

Just paid £109 but only for injuring someone not damage cover. Seems like a rip off.

Just paid £109 but only for injuring someone not damage cover. Seems like a rip off.

Regarding safety . Surely it's the same as a petrol mower. I have one in back of van and Jerry can . Store in my garage. What's the difference

Sponsored Links
Back