Pubs

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Believe it or not I am following the government's guidelines. Pubs were legitimately open on Friday night.
Do you need the govt to wipe your arris instead of using your brain...The guideline was not to have one last friday night sesh..fekall to do with sense of humour.

What comes first though ?
Through years of nannying, too many people have lost the ability to think for themselves anyway.
As I've posted before, I don't think the day is too far away, when I find someone at work has gone blue and expired..... and all because I'd written a work instruction on how to breathe in, but hadn't yet written the one on how to breathe out......

Don't think it's got anything to do with the state of nannying. Would you say the Chinese people have lost the ability to think for themselves. China locked down Wuhan hard and fast, they could have given advise butI think there experience of the last outbreak taught them one thing - don't ask people to do something - tell them explicitly. You cannot give mixed messages to cover all bases - please stay apart but go outside, keep social distancing but go about your normal day of work.

Until Boris actually locks the UK down, people will act as if they advice does not apply to them.

Sponsored Links
We were discussing the UK, not China. You can't compare the two.

China locked down Wuhan hard and fast,

Did they fook; they covered it up for weeks (even silencing the ophthalmologist who first tried to make colleagues aware of the novel illness he subsequently died from), allowing it to spread across the entire globe.

Linky

If the Chinese lockdown of Wuhan was so hard and fast, how have 270000+ people (so far) outside of China been confirmed to have CV, let alone all of those who haven't been diagnosed?

Last edited:
We were discussing the UK, not China. You can't compare the two.

Did they fook; they covered it up for weeks (even silencing the ophthalmologist who first tried to make colleagues aware of the novel illness he subsequently died from), allowing it to spread across the entire globe.

Linky

If the Chinese lockdown of Wuhan was so hard and fast, how have 270000+ people (so far) outside of China been confirmed to have CV, let alone all of those who haven't been diagnosed?

They moved fast and hard after their inital denial and coverup. It's why other countries are following China protocols - but too slowly.

We are sleepwalking into disaster. The infection was known about on New Years Eve. WHO was informed 4th of Jan. The Lancet published a paper on the 22 or 27 of Jan. Yet the world just stood and watched.

China needs to take responsibility for their denial and coverup but when they realised this is something that is way more serious than anyone could imagine they then acted. Yes, too late, but at least when they did, they did it with the urgency it required.

Wake up and smell the coffee ; China itself doesn't even follow "China protocols".....

China covered up the SARS 2002 outbreak until they were well and truly caught with their hands in the cookie jar....

https://www.aafp.org/news/health-of-the-public/20200318covid19qa.html

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/926777

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

Its the disease management protocols I was referring to. China has developed and refined that rapidly and shared them.

I am not defending China initial response here but them sharing their management protocols and data is helpful - well I suppose you can say its the least they should do!

Sponsored Links
Back