Pubs

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Yes there were on friday you thik [email protected] PM had said no more pub and stay at home by then....keep up.

You were the one who was extolling the virtues of sense, rather than "wot you is told".....

The world was in the grip of a pandemic, and you.....

.... got on a plane, and went on holiday(y)

I suppose you know best though;)

Sponsored Links
You were the one who was extolling the virtues of sense, rather than "wot you is told".....

It was weeks ago you prat

Wrong...flights as normal then,hotels as normal,no restrictions onUK citizen travel then,,,,,are you in a time warp?

Sponsored Links

I am extolling the virtue of taking govt advice!,,,,,

All planes should have been grounded 3 months ago.

It was weeks ago you prat

Two weeks, you berk.
Anyone with a brain cell could see what was happening, yet you decided your birthday treat was too important......

"Don't go to the pub, but jumping on a plane is fine" (y)

Basically , it's do as I say, not as I do with you(y)

I think the response to the virus is out of all proportion, and that the measures will cause more damage than the disease. When it is all over we will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.
There’s about 10,000 people so far that won’t be looking back and that is just the tip of a very large iceberg. Still think it’s a fuss about nothing?

If my Dad gets it, he will die.

You might be surprised I dont think it out of all proportion.

Your Dad will be fine. I have elderly friends and relatives too and I'm helping them. However, I'm very sceptical about it all, I refuse to join the mass hysteria, I am optimistic and hopeful and haven't once uttered, Dad's Army style "We're doomed. Aye, we're doomed". My religious upbringing has always kept me in check. You've got to have hope.

Your Dad will be fine.

That's not true, is it?

You could more accurately say "we expect around 80% of the population to catch it, so he probably will. If he catches it, then at his age and health he has x% chance of being so ill he needs hospital treatment, and y% chance of getting the necessary treatment, and z% chance of dying."

I think we've already established that you intend to catch it and spread the disease to other people, so we don't take your opinion very seriously.

Your Dad will be fine. I have elderly friends and relatives too and I'm helping them. However, I'm very sceptical about it all, I refuse to join the mass hysteria, I am optimistic and hopeful and haven't once uttered, Dad's Army style "We're doomed. Aye, we're doomed". My religious upbringing has always kept me in check. You've got to have hope.
Hope is what fools use instead of planning.

There is a difference between mass hysteria and taking sensible precautions. If there's a fire alarm then immediately going to the exits in a calm manner may well save your life. That is not hysteria, that's facts from people studying fires and how people get killed in them.

What you may be viewing as calm and resisting hysteria could well be the equivent of a person who ignore a fire alarm because it's always just a drill and even if it were, you'll have plenty of time to evacuate.

In your case, if you're helping out multiple elderly people and aren't taking thorough precautions then you could infect them and result in their deaths. If you are taking proper precautions then good for you, keep it up (note, I haven't checked the latest guidance, you might need to stop).

you're back from the pub early tonight.

oh yes.

it's shut.

That's not true, is it?

You could more accurately say "we expect around 80% of the population to catch it, so he probably will. If he catches it, then at his age and health he has x% chance of being so ill he needs hospital treatment, and y% chance of getting the necessary treatment, and z% chance of dying."

I think we've already established that you intend to catch it and spread the disease to other people, so we don't take your opinion very seriously.

You in the medical profession :?:

Rhetorical. Question ;)

No u are not ;)

Nuff said tbh :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back