Puddles forming on concrete path - how to level path ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have recently layed a concrete path along the side of my house. Unfortunately since the concrete has dried out and we have since had rain I have noticed that I keep getting three areas where puddles are forming. What is bothering me is that the puddles are forming up against the brick work of the house. The path is two courses below the dampcourse layer - but I dont like having rainwater resting against the bricks. Is there any materials (self levelling type materials) that I could use to level the imperfections in the path to prevent puddles forming ?? Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
There is nothing i can think of that will last any length of time.

Oddly enough the more level you lay an expanse of concrete the more likely you will end up with ponding. did you not lay the path with falls away from the building?

I dont like having rainwater resting against the bricks.
I think you can either break it up and start again and put it down to experience (we all done it ;) ) or cut out a section with a grinder (will be hard work unless you hire the heavy duty floor grinder) and put in a blocks paving drainage

line-drain.jpg

Thanks for replies.

Did try and level path with a slight fall away from brickwork and after completing work it looked perfect !!! I dont care about small puddles - its just that they are next to the brickwork - would it be wise to paint a sealer on the bricks just for piece of mind or is that a waste of time ????

Sponsored Links
You could always render the bricks to just below dpc level the length of the path, use a waterproofer in the render.
Or like you say soak it in waterseal or similar.
You could even inject a chemical damp course if you are worried about the integrity of your existing dpc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back