pull-out spray taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a pull-out spray tap which will work with a gravity-fed hot water system? I need to change my kitchen tap, I like the idea of the pull-out spray, but all the ones I've looked at say 'high pressure' or 'minimum pressure 1 bar or 0.5 bar'. I think my hot water pressure is less than this.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Judith

there is no simple way around this - It sounds like your hot water pressure is below the minimum recommended therefore you will have a dribble for hot water

I have recently refitted our kitchen and installed a tap like you describe. I live in an old house and as a result the hot water was less than .5 bar (In fact the gauge hardly moved :LOL: )

I have installed a watermill single impeller water pump for the hot water, now I have a perfect new tap that sprays me as well as the sink :LOL:

The advantage also is that my hot water is not excellent all over the house ;)

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to replace the tap with minimum expense and fuss. If necessary, I'd rather go without the pull-out spray, than have to install a pump.
Thanks anyway.

If you measure the height difference between the base of your cold water storage tank and your kitchen tap in metres, and divide by 10, that gives an indication of the water pressure you have at the tap in Bar. You might just scrape 0.5 Bar in an average 2 storey house, if the CWST is mounted reasonably high up in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that. Sadly there is only about 3 metres from the tap to the cold water tank, as we have a low-pitched roof, and the tank is on the loft floor.
I guess I'll have to have a normal tap and fit one of those screw-in sprayers to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back