Pullcord to bathroom extractor fan.......

Have you corrected all these issues, especially the CPC being used a live conductor??????
I know my eyes are going but which picture shows the cpc being used as a live conductor?

Surely it's a case of an insulated conductor (yellow) being used as the cpc, with a bare earth wire from another cable connected to it.

It's not a cpc being used as a live conductor, ASSUMING the yellow wires and the bare wire are being used as the cpc.

Sponsored Links
Really reluctant to get a sparky in. I need to learn how to do this stuff myself. The circuit cant be that complicated?

The circuit is very simple. The mess you have in your loft needs to be sorted out.

The box with the light on, does the supply to the fan go through that ?

If not then it looks like the fan is being fed directly from a socket circuit. What is the amp rated of the fuse feeding that socket and the fan ?

Fans need 3 amp fuse / MCB . Lights need a 6 amp fuse / MCB because the wires in them and the cable to them cannot safely carry more than 6 amps. Thats why there are fuses. . If you are feeding that socket from a MCB greater than 6 amps you may have created a serious fire hazard by having cables that will over heat and melt, possibly set fire to the loft before the fuse / MCB operates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back