pulsing lighting ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if anyone has come across this before . Just bought a 2 bed house (bout 20 years old ) and have noticed the lights are pulsing slightly (rather annoying ) ... The house is wired on 1 lighting circuit ..... Not sure if this was an existing problem or something that i've created after changing out some light fittings .. What would be the maximum wattage on a single circuit ? Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
You can have in the region of 1400 watts on a 6A circuit or 2400 watts on a 10A circuit.Are the lights pulsing continuously.It could possibly a loose connection somewhere which will need checking immediately or failing that lights are the most noticable electrical user when it comes to local power dips etc which can be quite regular if you are on a weak supply or have heavy industry in your area
Or it could be if you have an immersion heater cutting in and out in the above scenario

when does it pulse, and does itpulse a lot, all the time a short while?
what are the lamps, are you living in a supermarket isle ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response guys ... lights are pulsing constantly ..mainly candle and golf ball bulbs ..Kitchen and hall have got 50 w halogens (4 on each fitting ) ... One of me inlaws is a sparky so will give him a bell . Thanks for the wattage limits just need to tally up all the fittings ...I'll let you know how i get on .....Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back