PUMA 100E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got a puma 100e.
when we set the timer to come on the boiler comes on for a bit then goes to lockout .
If we put the boiler on constant it stays on for a bit then goes to lockout again, if we reset it it does the same .
Ive had 4 gas fitters come and have a look and all thay do is service it and charge me a fortune , PLEASE HELP.

Sponsored Links
If the problem is not being solved, whay are you paying these gas fitters?

I have the same boiler
recently the ch packed up on it but hot water was fine, I checked the two circuit boards and found a bucket and a half of dry joint, I dutifully soldered them and cleaned all the relay contacts with the finest emery paper you can find (and I mean fine almost smooth)

I put it all back together and to my suprise no hw or ch just went to lockout, in removing the board one of the single wires that goes into the flame housing must have got lightly pulled and the flame sensor broke.

so if you have hw but no ch check for dry joints mainly around the connectors.

if you have no hw or ch remove the screws on the flame housing (the one with the viewing window) and check the ceramic part of the sensor is not broke. cost about £4.50 inc vat each

Sponsored Links
Now if we want hot water we have to reset the lockout and then we get it till we turn the tap of then it goes to lockout .
If we want c/h on it doesent matter if its on timer or we just switch it on , it stays on for about 15 min then goes to lockout so we have to keep reseting the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back