Country
United Kingdom
Hello please somone help!

got a puma 80,
pilot light stays on but wont fire up.
Water pumps round ok, and fans working.

Any clues, PLEASE?

Sponsored Links
both mate nothing, we siting here frezzing? siting round the kettle and light bulbs!!! :LOL:

What lights you got on the front?, mains should be lit and low pressure unlit (check the pressure guage underneath aswell.

Sponsored Links
Pressure just under 1.5, red light from circuit board comes on when H/W turned on or heating.
and fan starts.

If the red light comes on and fan spins up to full speed then really you're getting in to corgi terrritory to check the air flow through the appliance and pressure switch.

Presumably you have got a gas supply and a working gas cooker to confirm this?

However, you say you have a pilot light. Assuming this to be the case, I did not think there was any red light to indicate flame failure. Are you sure its not the orange low pressure light?

If its the permanant pilot light version then the gas knob MUST be in the right position other the main burner will not come on! It needs to be rotated about 90* after relighting the pilot. One direction to operate and the other to switch off the pilot.

Tony

the red light is on the circut board behind the mian panel, the gas knob is in correct position.

Low pressure light is not on.

Yes, I knew about the LED on the PCB but did not think that he was delving into the inner workings.

It does sound as if its either PCB, gas valve or gas safety device. Both the latter need to be dealt with by a CORGI engineer so I cannot give any further advice.

Tony

I replaced the PCB in Jan and it worked fine.

The fault dio on back of front cover, shows a flow dio and this seems to point to the gas soliniod value.

Any views on that?

001dtx said:
I replaced the PCB in Jan and it wirked fine.

The fault dio on back of front cover, shows a follow dio and this seems to point to the gas soliniod value.

Any views on that?

If the solenoid valve is playing up just check the voltage to it, if it's there and its not opening then its gone. The basic first check is that the air pressure switch is switching across though if you're going to follow through in a logical sequence.

Ok thanks lads but it looks like on a personal level, i cant get any where without an CORGI registered engineer.

Can anyone recommend one in the Dartford area?

Thanks for your help.

001dtx said:

Can anyone recommend one in the Dartford area?

in the mean time, try yellow pages but ask for price first. i.e how much is call out, labour rate, are they familair with your brand of boiler.

Then again you could try bg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back