Puma 80e diverter valve+ wax capsule

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
re previous post, are there any diagrams my husband can access with regards to either replacing the wax capsule or whole diverter valve ?
We have had new pump and new pcb board recently,.
Some rads are getting warm upstairs but none downstairs ! also what is the quickest way of cleaning the system as I know its never been done.
Any help would be much appreciated as a very cold toddler & 7 month baby at the moment. :D

Sponsored Links
How do I do this , is fairly straightforward, thanks for your reply as Im getting really desperate now

There is a section in the FAQs on how to do it. You may just need to turn off the hot ones for a while to clear an air lock.

Who fitted the other parts?

Sponsored Links
Dear Hubbie has been working on and off on this puma for more years than I care to remeber !!! :oops: BUT has always been a complete wizz and got it working, he is on his way now to buy a diverter valve and ANY GOOD TIPS on how to do it would be appreciated. Im no expert but I reckon this has probably been the root of the problem all along. JUST WISH i had found this site sooner as everyone has been really great.
If you've got any tips please hand them on as i won't be able to type much longer my fingers are frozen and the babies are turning BLUE :cry:

You can replace the front end including the wax stat after draining the system and undoing two small Allen grub screw.
Turn off the cold water inlet under the boiler but don't touch the heating isolation valves.

Thanks Chris, I just hope in manages to find one ! just about to get into bed and watch Hectors House with the kids AND PRAY.

Hi Chris, he got one ! well the kitchen is being dismantled as we speak, it would appear he likes a lot of space when working ! the cheesy baked beans on toast will have to wait ! still praying

Well the new diverter valve is almost on, a few sliced fingers along the way. Hubby says it was completely blocked, looks like a lot of black gunk in it ? keep your fingers crossed X I will let you how it all turns out

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, new diverter ON, although it looks different to the old one, but seeing as the old diverter is probably at least 17 years old I assume parts get upgraded. Hubbie dealing with a few leaks at the moment (old Pipework) which I assume he moved to access the bolt on diverter (only guessing here) I still have the utmost confidence that we will have heating tonight. Low pressure system light has come on, any ideas

All radiators lovely and hot !!!!!!!! I now say a prayer for my puny potterton (May you continue to work until the day I can afford to have you ripped out) Many genuine thanks to everyone who helped, I may be back here again soon, who knows with this boiler. Any tips on the very best way to clean the system would be appreciated or maintenance.
THANKYOU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back