pump ,feed and vent configuration.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heating system in my new house has the pump istalled on the return to the boiler, the feed is on the return by the cylinder and the vent on the flow by the cylinder, the vent is only 15mm .is this correct?

Sponsored Links
why ask. is there concern of pumping over.the arrangment you have is very common.its only these days newbies are taught vent feed pump arrangement.but with boilers back in the days the heat ex had more water content and resistance as apposed to newer boilers with lower content heat ex.

How many pipes come off the boiler, 2 or 4? Sounds like a gravity hw/pumped heating setup.

I plan to replace the old boiler with a new condensing type, i just like to know where i stand before get plumbers in to quote and baffle me with jargon. Had a problem with over venting in an old house which started me thinking.

Sponsored Links
the boiler has 2 28mm pipes and 3 22mm , 1 of which i pressume is gas.

u have a gravity system and this pipe arrangement is completely ok,when u change boiler it will need changing,and the 15mm vent is incorrect,it should be 22mm

i understand were your coming from, and a very sensible question as a lower water content boiler could cause problems.its hard to say though without looking at the system layout.

When replacing the boiler the system will need converting to fully pumped. This will include reconfiguring the feed, vent and controls (pump, valves).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back