Pump not pumping in the same direction as the flow arrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had turned my CH pump down from setting 3 to setting 2 a while ago in an attempt to make life a bit quieter. It did the trick.

However, when it is set to setting 3 it rotates in the correct direction, when on either 2 or 1 it rotates in the wrong direction.

The heating is back on setting 3 and the house is warming up nicely now but the pump is sucking in air on this high setting (it is also fitted pumping down).

I am sure this is an obvious fault, am I right?

I just need to know that not all my marbles have been lost.

fyi. The pump is a grundfos multihead G. It is not a sealed system.

Sponsored Links
I'd love to know how you know its pumping in the wrong direction!

If it really is rotating in opposite directions for speeds 1 and 2 versus speed 3 then I'd:

a. Phone Grundfos and ask for their advice.
b. Take it out, put it in the other way round, set it to speed 2 and put tape over the speed control knob.

That's a new one on me. I was about to suggest that it was wired incorrectly but not if its swinging both ways so to speak

Sponsored Links
Even if it was rotating the wrong way, the circulation would be in the same direction, only less efficient.

Unless the OP has been unwittingly sent Grundfos' top secret experimental Centripetal pump ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back