pump constantly on even when boiler is off (PICS)

seems this is a common thing??

Can i replace this myself or call in the experts.

Gosh, why cant it be computers :(

Sponsored Links
Far from common - just common sense deduction. These were great boilers.

Yes, you could probably change the board yourself. But the trick is in checking that that is the real problem. there are a few other possibilities that involve a certain amount of knowledge with heating electrics that can bamboozle the average electrician (they need everything colour coded). ;)

i'm reading the manual now lol

from what I recall, everything else works, the radiators work but some are hotter than others, prob need a rebalancing which I will do later.

Its a new place I'm moving into so guess this must've packed up when it was vacant.

Only problem I see is the pump constantly running, even now its running and last time CH was on was 6 hours ago. (i set it to a lower speed), might have to pull the power.

off to bed now but wondering could it be the 3 port valve??

Can i just remove this and check or would it involve shutting the water off?

Sponsored Links
You don't need to remove it; although you can take the "head" off without draining down.

You need to understand how it works electrically before you can fault find it as it can do some strange things to the uninitiated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back