Pump on central heating from wood stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I currently have a Grundfos 15-60 pump on my central heating system, that is powered solely by a multi-fuel stove.
At times when the fire is dying out, the pump (plugged straight into the mains) needs to be switched off (to stop cooler water being circulated).
The temperature needs to be 45c, more than this and the water needs to start circulating.

My question, i am eyeing up a Grundfos Alpha2 pump, would this do what i am needing, or do i need to come up with a thermostat system?
Any recoomendation on the best kit for it?

Many thanks, and merry christmas all.
Stuart

Sponsored Links
As above, pipe stat will work, assuming that at least some gravity circulation takes place in order to get the pipe temp up to 45 degrees in the first place to get the pump going. Installing the stat as near as possible to the stove (without it being so close that it'll get damaged by the heat) would make sense.

pipe stat, that sounds exactly what i want :) haha.
Thankyou.

The gravity fed pipe does get fairly warm when the pump isn't taking all the hot water for it's rad's.

thanks for the info guys.
have a good one!

oh one more thing, i will need a timer switch to use the pipe stat would i?
I have a honeywell L641 stat around here for cylinders, guess i could use that for the pipe stat and then buy a switch that i can plug that into. Any suggestions for a switch that takes that particular stat?

Sponsored Links
single channel programmer LP111 and 2 pipe stats PTS1's, stats wired as high and low limit,holding pump off until set temp on gravity flow but one set high firing the pump if you forget to run the time clock with the fire in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back