Pump on continuously - new contoller required??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System:
Ideal Classic FF 250 with Sealed System kit, Honeywell C21 programmer and 2 inline valves (CH + HW).

Have just moved and found that heating did not work - diagnosed and needing a new pump so have replaced.

Everything is now working but the pump does not switch off even when the CH & HW is set to off on the programmer.

Any ideas? Do I need a new programmer? Suspect that the old pump may have had the same problem which may have knackered it in the first place.

As the Honeywell C21 has been discontinued, I understand that the honywell ST6400C can be used without rewiring i.e. same backplate. Am I correct?

Sponsored Links
do the motorized valves close when the programmer is set to off?

more likely one of the zone valves is stuck on.

IF you are happy testing live 240V electrics, then check for 240V at each orange wire off the valves. The live one is the faulty one.

Sponsored Links
It's probably the hot water valve, even in this weather you would probably spot your rads on 24/7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back