Pump over/flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo,I have a few basic questions.
CH/HW system is a pumped system ,vented(wallstar boiler)
1 The last two rads stay cold at the bottom so I assume they need flushing/cleaning.Is there a best system cleaner/additive?(sludge removal)
2 CH on its own with pump on low power no problem,pump on 2nd or third power setting then water is pumped out of the vent.HW on its own,no problem,but if HW and CH on together then water comes out of the vent.The top of the vent pipe to the top of the water level is @13",I have seen a figure of 18" as a minimum so should I extend the vent higher,if so by how much?
Maybe the 3 way valve needs replacing?
Please ask for more info if needed.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
fernox / sentinel x400

whats the bottom of the f/e tank like for silt/sludge and colour ?

does sound like a restricted heating circuit

The f/e tank water looks quite clear but on the sides/bottom there appears to be layer of "goo" which looks like its peeling off in a layer.
After the water comes out of the vent pipe the water turns a cloudy dark (black?)colour.

The f/e tank water looks quite clear but on the sides/bottom there appears to be layer of "goo" which looks like its peeling off in a layer.
After the water comes out of the vent pipe the water turns a cloudy dark (black?)colour.

good enough sign that it needs a clean.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys,looks like I'm busy this weekend :rolleyes:
Some more info on the vent/feed pipe.I had just the CH on and after @20 mins the rads were hot (apart from the last two)so I felt the pipes in the airing cupboard and the feed pipe was hot but the vent pipe was cold(up to 6 feet then the pipes go into the roof).Later on with just the HW on the vent was hot and the feed cold.I am confused :cry:
Please can someone explain what is happening.
Cheers ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back