Pump Stays On!

Sponsored Links
Dave,

It turns out that the orange wire to the Sunvic (SZ2301F) is constantly live.

Any ideas where I can get just the head from?

If I was feeling really ambitious, could I just source the microswitch?

Thanks again

Er, it could be the grey or the orange used for the sw/live!

Don't be so mean, change the valve actuator. None of us go around changing microswitches, the syncron motor and the gears/spring are all worn anyway. We would get callbacks all the time.

If you want to the job properly, check the valve manually by hand with the actuator removed. If there is significant resistance, drain down and change the entire valve for a Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Sorry don't know what you mean about the grey or orange wire.

Both motorised valves had orange wires, only one was live. Seems to me that Dave's (gas4you) advice was correct.

The reason I asked about the microswitch was that it looked so easy to do! The valve is absolutely fine and the gears and spring look brand new.

However, I take your advice and will buy a new actuator.

I need a Sunvic SZ2301F, can anyone recommend a good place to buy one from.

Thanks in advance

Dave,

I've managed to source the actuator for ~£40 delivered.

Before I buy it, can you just reassure me that the fact that the orange wire is live means that the actuator is probably faulty...I'm not doubting you, but the post from simond has got me worried!

Thanks again.

You can just energise the heating system with the brown SL to the MV and forget about the microswitch when it fails.
Did this a few times. It works fine.

Balenza . are you saying connect outlet of microswitch to same wire that powers the motor to open

EH no it doesn`t the programmer gives power to the brown (live) wire of the motorised valve motor (via any room or cylinder stat) that then motors open striking the microswitch which has a permenent live to it once switch is made it then allows current through it to the boiler and pump......

Whatever. :rolleyes:
Like I said you don't need the microswitch and can just wire direct to the heating system. It works fine.

No it doesn`t because if you wire the boiler and pump straight from programmer and the motorised valves fail you then have a lot of heat with nowhere to go....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back