pumped hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conventional boiler and I have recently had an extension to my house, extending the kitchen and bathhroom. The water pressure for the hot water has dropped significantly. My plumber has recommended pumping the hot water supply.

Is their any alternatives?

Could I put a pressurised hot water tank in? or something else?

The boiler is new so I don't want to replace that.

Sponsored Links
I assume you have the cold taps off the mains but it is preferable to have equal pressure for hot and cold in the bathroom.

Extending the pipe runs should not have too much effect on the hot pressure (unless you have restrictive speedfit fittings, restrictive isolating valves or reduced bore flexible tap connectors).

Installing quarter turn taps not suitable for low pressure supplies will though.

Have you changed the taps from traditional washer type to ceramic quarter turn?

A pump on the hot (£200 - £400) would boost pressure but is a noisy option.

An unvented cylinder (pressurised hot) is expensive (£1000 plus) and is only suitable if the mains pressure and supply pipe is suitable and shower valve etc are suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back