Pumping station advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am looking at a pump station for our extension to pump up to our sewage pipe about 3metres away(very slight incline).

The extension has a guest toilet, washing machine and sink (utility)

I was looking at this :

There is a 290 litre model almost same price compared to above as it includes high level alarm. Do i need the larger as i guess it needs a bigger hole, if it's going to be pumped anyway im not sure how larger tank helps? TIA

Sponsored Links
The one in your link seems to be cheap, maybe too cheap at first glance. The size of the tank that you buy depends on what appliances are connected so best to talk to the seller but yes to the high water level warning alarm.

Ask if the cheap one has a sealed lid to stop bad odours leaking out.

Sponsored Links
These work in our rental chalets. Pumps 2m up and 7m along to sewer - used for shower, sink, toilet.

Dont think that you meant to connect the washing m/c to an Access 2..

Why a washing machine has less flow than a sink or a shower or a toilet...they don't seem to care about the source of the water.

Why a washing machine has less flow than a sink or a shower or a toilet...they don't seem to care about the source of the water.
Go ask Saniflo but I suspect pressure and tempreture of discharge water might be in the answer.

This is what you call a pumping station.

Attachments

• Abbey-Mills-800-1280x720.jpg
    Abbey-Mills-800-1280x720.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 24

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back