Punto 75, r reg, shaking....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
I have recently had the exhaust and manilfold re-bolted as it was leaking, since then, everytime I turn on the engine, it makes this noise(grunding grinding noise), and the the engine shakes for a bit, it makes the same sort of noise when i put it in reverse, it as though the hand gear is still up, any ideas as it to what it could be?

thanks in advance.

mo

Sponsored Links
Check the catalytic converter.Make sure the engine is off and cold(cats get very hot quickly) use the palm of your hand to tap it and listen for a rattle.A rattle means an expensive new one required(old one breaking up internally).

Engine mount or hanger worn out ??

Whatever the cause,if it is left unchecked,your delicate catalytic converter will be damaged beyond repair. :eek: :eek:

thanks for the advice, will be going to see the garage in the morn, and see what they say as well...

Sponsored Links
jsut been to the garage...

problem was wth the exhaust banging on ignition, reason for this was due to the re-bolting on manifold and exhaust, had made the bottom of the exhaust bang onto the body of the car, but now they have sorted it out.

Back