Purple Sweet Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else notice that the 'once-popular', purple-wrapped sweetie (from a well know brand of sweet collection) doesn't taste as good as it used to? :confused:

Oh, and the nut in the middle seems to have shrunk considerably :(

Sponsored Links
dont know if its true, but i heard the purple one used to be a brazil nut, but now it is a hazle nut

Sponsored Links
So that's how they get the shell off the nut: they give each one a Brazilian...

Yes, it's QS :)

Aha, I think you are right - it did used to be a brazil nut - that would explain the smaller nut that is now inside :confused: Hmm, a case of change for the sake of it :( Well, probably for the sake of saving money !!

Gary_M said:
Yes, it's QS :)

Aha, I think you are right - it did used to be a brazil nut - that would explain the smaller nut that is now inside :confused: Hmm, a case of change for the sake of it :( Well, probably for the sake of saving money !!

Had one/some :LOL: today and thought the same thing, after biting through the choclate I went looking for the nut. :LOL:

Wow! your right , and the sweet is still the shape of a brazil nut !!
what a phenonononamie! :confused:

I don't remember them being anything other than a hazelnut in caramel. The Brazil nut would be too big for the sweet. I thought the only one with Brazil nuts in was the blue square one that has hard(ish) caramel and Brazil nut bits in it. :confused:

Found this review http://www.ciao.co.uk/Nestle_Quality_Streets_The_Big_Purple_One__Review_5313196 on the purple sweet (this is what I've been reduced to due to christmas boredom) and it's dated 2002 - it mentions a hazelnut not a Brazil. :p

gcol said:
Bet your ass it is John! Those purple ones are for girlies and ninebobs. ;)

Man's sweet ----------->
yorkie.jpg

:p

Perhaps they have banned the phrase 'Brazil nut' because it implies mental instabiliy? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back