Purpose of washing machine waste hose clip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have the exact same question as the poster in the following link (except all the ups and downs), however, despite several replies to his query, nobody has actually answered his question.

Is there a purpose for this clip? Can it be removed and the waste hose routed from the bottom of the machine, along the floor and then go up near the counter top (or diagonally from the bottom of the machine to near the counter top) and then down into the drain?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That's fine. The hose will always have water in in if laying on the floor but I've seen it done often.

No pics in the link you refer too but if you mean a horse shoe shaped clip then yes it’s not essential , just supplied to help ensure the hose sits above any outlet to avoid syphoning .

Thanks for the replies.

denso13, having it along the floor is just one of the options available. It'd probably be more diagonally from the bottom of the machine and then level/straight along the wall (near counter top height) and then down into the drain. I'm assuming this is OK too.

foxhole, no, not the horseshoe shaped one. I meant the clip that comes attached to the back of the machine near the top that holds the hose in that position for some reason. See link below (it's the white clip with a screw that's holding the hose at the top left corner of the machine).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't completely understand your question, sorry, possibly my bad.

Washing machines often have a clip to attach the waste pipe in transit, but they are simply transit clips.

Having seen your image, nah, you don't need to worry about it.

The high level clip also helps prevent syphoning , if outlet hose is too short add extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back