Push button cistern - water running into bowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a dodgy ball valve and so replaced the whole mechanism. Since then I have noticed a small trickle of water running into the bowl from the cistern.

It's not an overflow issue as the trickle starts as the cistern is filling up i.e. even when the cistern is half empty. Any ideas? Is this constant trickle normal or is there a problem with the flush mechanism?

Sponsored Links
You may have disturbed or broken something. Make sure that there is a good seal between the bottom of the syphon and the cistern, as water could seep between the two.

As you say its not the overflow, then this is the only other possibility

[
It's not an overflow issue
]

Do you remember the bad old days when we used to have problems?

These days we only suffer from 'issues'.

Suppose Gordon Brown must be telling the truth when he says things are getting better!!!!

On most of these cisterns the flush assembly is detachable by giving it a twist anti clock wise & lifting up, then you can examine the thin rubber washer to check for damage/debris ;)

Sponsored Links
leak.jpg

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? I don't know what make or model it is. I've been to 4 or 5 different plumbing suppliers... no joy! Please help!

I've just found a label on the toilet... it was made by LECICO. Does anyone know who supplies Lecico spare parts :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back