Push button toilet flush problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having problems with my toilet push button flush, where the button does not pop back out or push back out completely on its own, after flushing the loo. It is a cistern that is built-into the wall/concealed, I have taken the panel off and taken some pics of the inside of the cistern. In one of the pics if I push the part the red arrow is pointing to, down the button pushes out. Is this fixable, how can I fix button to pop back out once the cistern fills back up please?. Everything else works on the toilet, even if the flush button does not pop out, it fills back up fine once you flush the loo.

20210314_130052 2.jpg

20210314_130222.jpg

20210314_144606 2.jpg

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Normally it's because the wire that connects the button to the toilet is twisted or caught or has too much of a bend on it to operate correctly

Have you played with it when its loose like in one of your pics?

Failing that new flushers only cost a tenner

Thanks for the reply. The flush button does not push/pop back out again fully, even when the it is as in the picture.

Does anyone have a link for a compatible flusher please, if playing with the wire does not help?

Thanks again

Also can you change the flush without having to take off the cistern?

Sponsored Links
Thank you, what is the best brand to buy as the current system has been a bit of a pain?

Just read up on this flush unit, seems like the button clip holder breaking is a common fault. Is it worth changing to a more reliable flush unit if there are any?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back