Push fit to triple valve, good idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm fitting a 'Home of Ultra' triple shower valve into a block wall over
which I shall be tiling.
The 4 connections, hot,cold, and two outlets are 1/2", ie they are female threaded the same as a 15mm compression fitting or a 1/2" tap.
As the 15mm pipes to be attached to these go of in various directions for 2 or 3 feet I thought the best way to connect the ready bent pipe was with a 15mm x 1/2" brass push-fit straight coupler like this
YF_Main_TT3.jpg

The reason for this is that the pipe will be free to rotate in the fitting, necessary as the final axial position of the coupler is indeterminate, ie it stops turning when it gets tight enough.
I'm not a plumber (you probably guessed :) ) so would like to know

a) are 4 pushfits behind the tiles a good idea, given that the alternative would be 4 compression fittings, also behind the tiles
b) as there is approx. a 3' run of pipe from the inlets to the 22mm plastic under the bath I'll need to put something on the pipes before I plaster them in to protect(?) and allow for expansion but still need the pipes to assist in maintaining the rigidity of the valve. I noticed that the last plumber, who put my power shower in wrapped the hot and cold feeds with duct tape then plastered.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back